NEW ENGLAND METAL & HARDCORE FESTIVAL Can You Say “Road Trip???”
at The Palladium in Worcester, MA on April 17th, 18th, and 19th 2015. Worcester, Massachusetts-based concert promotions company, MassConcerts, is pleased to announce the second segment of bands playing the seventeenth (XVII) annual NEW ENGLAND METAL & HARDCORE FESTIVAL .
I would love to see each and every band listed, but there are a host more I’d love to see added. Tell us in the comments which bands you’d like to see at the NEMHF!
Headliners already announced include: Testament, Between The Buried and Me, and Motionless In White.
Friday April 17th
Between The Buried And Me
The Red Chord
The Atlas Moth
Saturday April 18th
Allegaeon (Editor’s note: squee! Haven’t seen them yet…)
Rivers of Nihil
Wisdom In Chains
Thy Will Be Done
Sunday April 19th
Motionless In White
The Color Morale
Death Before Dishonor
My Ticket Home
The Last Ten Seconds of Life
World Of Pain
Ghost X Ship
Living Laser Oath
As one of the longest running festivals of its kind in the U.S., the NEW ENGLAND METAL & HARDCORE FESTIVAL has helped jumpstart the careers of many acts including Lamb of God, Killswitch Engage, The Black Dahlia Murder and Behemoth. Since 1999, this multiple-day festival has been attracting dozens of bands and thousands of fans to the historic Worcester Palladium each year bringing deserving metal and hardcore acts to the forefront of their genres.
TICKETS AVAILABLE AT THE FOLLOWING LINKS:
NEMHF – 3DAY PASS – APRIL 17TH – 19TH http://www.ticketfly.com/event/737063
NEMHF – Friday, Apr. 17 http://www.ticketfly.com/event/736981
NEMHF – Saturday, April 18 http://www.ticketfly.com/event/737013
NEMHF – Sunday, April 19 http://www.ticketfly.com/event/737023
VIP TICKETS ARE AVAILABLE AT: www.soundrink.com
METAL DESCENT’s HOLIDAY SEASON IN REVIEW
All right, no whining. We went on a holiday of sorts what with that whole Christmas and New Year thingie going on, but we have some great interviews and concert reviews coming up next week that will blow your [Band Name Here] Chucks off (translation for youngsters: Converse). So here’s the last two weeks in review to catch up.
- Sounds From The Heavy Metal Underground
- This Week’s New Heavy Metal Album Releases: 12/30/14
- THE CROWN Death Is Not Dead: Album Review
- This Week’s New Heavy Metal Album Releases: 12/23/14
- Concert Review: BUTCHER BABIES, ANTI-MORTEM, SAINT DIABLO At The Empire
- Interview: A BREACH OF SILENCE’s Blair Layt, “I was rolling through the aisles in a blowup pool in WalMart”
- The Top 8 New Metal Music Videos Of The Week: 12/19/14
Of course we can’t forget to include our:
Huh, that’s not too shabby for being on vay-cay. Coming later this month, we will have the top underground heavy metal bands to watch this year, so stay tuned.
NEWS OF NOTE
- Revolver Magazine recently unveiled their January 2015 “Metal Health” issue, featuring fitness secrets from some of heavy metal’s strongest stars – including Alissa White-Gluz, front-woman of metal icons ARCH ENEMY! Available on newsstands now, this special issue sees Alissa on the cover alongside Doyle Wolfgang Von Frankenstein. In the world of heavy music, fitness is the new debauchery; more rockers are foregoing drugs, drinks, and STDs to work out and eat right. As an animal rights activist and vegan, Alissa follows a rigorous diet and healthy lifestyle, sans drugs and alcohol. An excerpt of the cover story can be read HERE. The new year will see the band return to the road once again, beginning with the 70,000 Tons of Metal Cruise! Tour dates may be found HERE.
- Combining a unique fusion of progressive metal and jazz with impactful world and funk influences, FELIX MARTIN is excited to share the news of his upcoming headlining tour throughout North America! Starting on February 5th in Los Angeles, the six week trek will span across the US including three appearances at the annual prestigious music festival South by Southwest (SXSW). Joining MARTIN on the first leg of the journey will be Vermont’s BARISHI , while the latter half will be supported by Philadelphia’s STINKING LIZAVETA and German noise rockers DYSE.
- Montreal based death metal powerhouse KATAKLYSM, are currently in the studio recording the follow up to their critically acclaimed Waiting for the End to Come album. The record, which has been dubbed Of Ghosts And Gods, will tentatively be released this upcoming Summer. A short teaser for the album can be viewed now via the group’s Facebook page. Guitarist J- F Dagenais will track drums, guitars and bass for the album, while vocals will be recorded by producer Mark Lewis (WHITE CHAPEL, DEVILDRIVER, CANNIBAL CORPSE). The entire process will be mixed and mastered in the UK by legendary producer Andy Sneap (MEGADETH, TESTAMENT, EXODUS, AMON AMARTH).
- The title of the NIGHTWISH’s eighth studio album will be Endless Forms Most Beautiful, an inspirational excerpt from a quote by English naturalist Charles Darwin, best known for his contributions to evolutionary theory via his 1859 book On the Origin of Species:
“There is grandeur in this view of life, with its several powers, having been originally breathed into a few forms or into one; and that, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.”
Says NIGHTWISH founding member, songwriter, and keyboard player Tuomas Holopainen:
“This classic quote is where it all began. We set sail from the ultimate journey in March 2015. Join us!”
“Mixing and Mastering,” the ninth episode of NIGHTWISH’s album trailer series, can be viewed on the Nuclear Blast YouTube channel. View all previous episodes HERE.
Produced by Tero “TeeCee” Kinnumen, Endless Forms Most Beautiful features album artwork by Finnish artist Toxic Angel and includes adult & childrens choirs, collaborative work with esteemed orchestral arranger Pip Williams, sessiondrum work by Kai Hahto of WINTERSUN (who is sitting in for the ailing NIGHTWISH drummer Jukka Nevalainen), and a guest appearance by evolutionary biologist, writer, and atheist Richard Dawkins. Endless Forms Most Beautiful is set for a spring 2015 release in North America.
- The third & fourth album trailers for the BLIND GUARDIAN‘s tenth studio release, Beyond The Red Mirror are available for viewing on the Nuclear Blast YouTube channel. Featuring artwork by long-time collaborator Felipe Machado, Beyond The Red Mirror is due out in North America on February 3, 2015 and can be pre-ordered HERE.
- ADRENALINE MOB will release Dearly Departed through Century Media on February 10th. In a departure from Coverta the disc will feature, in addition to 4 cover tunes, an unreleased track from the Men of Honor sessions, 3 acoustic renditions of songs from both Omerta and Men of Honor, and an edited version of the Men of Honor track “Dearly Departed.” The disc, co produced by vocalist Russell Allen and guitarist Mike Orlando, features the following tracks:
- Snortin’ Whiskey (Pat Travers)
- Dearly Departed (Edited version of Men of Honor track)
- The Devil Went Down to Georgia (Charlie Daniels Band)
- Crystal Clear (Acoustic version of Men of Honor track)
- Sabbath Medley (Black Sabbath)
- Whatever Gets You Through The Night (Unreleased from Men of Honor sessions)
- Angel Sky (Acoustic version of Omerta track)
- All on the Line (Acoustic version of Omerta track)
- Tie Your Mother Down (Queen)
I.O. Kirkwood is METAL DESCENT’s Senior Live Music Editor. You can read her personal blog HERE.