Earlier in October, we reported the disappearance of MEGADETH frontman Dave Mustaine’s mother-in-law, Sally Estabrook. Despite extensive searching, she could not be found. On November 27th, medical examiners confirmed that a body found about a half mile from the campsite where Estabrook had gone missing was indeed that of Dave Mustaine’s mother-in-law. Mustaine had hoped that someone caring had found and sheltered his mother-in-law, but he announced on Twitter November 26th that he had received a call that dashed his hopes for a reunion with her. Our condolences to the Estabrook-Mustaine family.
METAL DESCENT’S WEEK IN REVIEW
NEWS OF NOTE
- FLESHGOD APOCALYPSE recently filmed a new promotional video for the song “Epilogue” and have released a teaser for the video. The track is taken from the band’s latest album Labyrinth. The official video for “Epilogue” will be released on December 9th. (genre: symphonic death metal)
- PELICAN is set to release a new EP on Southern Lord in the new year based around fresh reimaginings of “The Cliff,” a highlight from their most recent album, 2013’s Forever Becoming, and one recently completed new song. Due out February 24th on 12″ vinyl and digital formats, the four track The Cliff EP includes remixes from Justin Broadrick (of Godflesh, Jesu), Aaron Harris and Bryant Clifford Meyer of ISIS/Palms, and, for only the second time in their fourteen year career, vocals. Hear “The Cliff (vocal version)” via MetalSucks HERE. (genre: progressive metal)
- RISE OF THE NORTHSTAR have released a brand new video trailer in which they explain the title of their recently released Manga-themed (Japanese anime) debut album Welcame. (genre: hardcore)
- SANTA CRUZ have booked their first U.S. shows. They will be playing The Studio at Webster Hall in NYC on Friday, December 12th and they will be playing Loaded Hollywood in L.A. on Friday, December 19th. (genre: glam metal)
- TURBOWOLF will release their second album, Two Hands, on April 7 via Universal Music as the first band announced under the joint venture between Spinefarm Records and Search & Destroy. (genre: hard rock)
I.O. Kirkwood is METAL DESCENT’s Senior Live Music Editor. You can read her personal blog HERE.