There is not a ton of new releases to speak of this week. Most of what we have on a big release level is either a DVD, soundtrack or re-release. March 22nd marks the 2oth anniversary of Pantera’s landmark album Far Beyond Driven. This was the first extreme metal album to reach #1 on the billboard charts. To celebrate the anniversary, a remastered version of the album has been released along with a second disc featuring live performances from the Monsters of Rock Festival in 1994. This is a must have for any metal fan. Taiwanese extreme metallers, Chthonic, have released a live DVD entitled Ian-Bu featuring material from their excellent 2013 album Bu-Tik. Finally, cartoon metallers Dethklok have released the soundtrack to their Adult Swim rock Opera entitled The Doomstar Requiem. The soundtrack features 21 new tracks from the opera that was released digitally by the Cartoon Network back in October. Other new albums come from Shattered Hope, Vanden Plas and more.
- Shattered Hope – Waters Of Lethe (Death/Doom)
- Stam1na – SLK (Progressive Metal)
- Vanden Plas – Chronicles Of The Immortals: Netherworld (Progressive/Power Metal)
- Will Of The Ancients – To Our Glorious Dead (Black Metal)
- The Wounded Kings – Consolamentum (Doom Metal)
Which of these new releases will you be checking out?